What is South Bend?
- A city built on the “south bend” of the St. Joseph river which empties into Lake Michigan
- Roughly halfway between Chicago and Detroit
- Cold in the Winter
- Hot in the Summer
- The center of “Michiana,” a market of about 840,000 people.
- 175 years old
- The place where Studebaker cars were and Hummer trucks are built
- The location of the University of Notre Dame
- Home of the oldest zoo in Indiana
- a developing city with a local playhouse, an art museum, and a 25-story building, but one that still has cornfields and horses.
Take this list for what it’s worth. Those are my first thoughts fleshed out with a bit of Web research. Disagree? Post a comment and I’ll revise the list with the most common and most interesting responses.