Stonebridge Villas at Edison Lakes is a new, and so far relatively unknown, community of ranch-style condos on Mishawaka’s north side. Stonebridge is a franchise of Epcon Communities, so you won’t find custom homes here, but will see a community that mirrors dozens of developments in more than 30 states and promises popular features, floorplans and options.
- 96 units when complete, on a 22 acre site with several ponds.
- 2 or 3 bedroom plans that range from ~1,300 to ~1,900 square feet.
- Prices from about $200,000 to about $300,000.
The biggest draws:
- These are no-maintenance, single-story condos that can be built to be handicap accessable.
- Stonebridge has the area’s most attractive clubhouse. It’sÂ well-decorated and equipped with a fitness center, pool, billiards table, and fireplace.
- All units have attached 2-car garages.
Â The things you should know before moving here:
- Like many condos, Stonebridge is built without basements on slabs. This can make downsizing from a family home difficult if you need a lot of storage.
- Stonebridge villasÂ are located on an expensive lot at Edison Lakes, but are not inÂ a traditional residential area. The nearest neighbors are offices, medical buildings, and apartments.